Last Friday, the NGIoT initiative organised, in collaboration with the AIOTI Energy WG, a great event on “EV charging at the edge” as part of the NGIoT Community Event Series.
The event featured renowned experts in the field, who shared insights and experiences about the transition from cloud to edge not only in EV charging, but also in the entire energy sector. The line-up of top-class speakers was formed by:
- Tanya Suárez, CEO BluSpecs, Board Member AIOTI, Founder IoT Tribe
- Dolores Ordoñez, CEO Anysolution, Co-Chair AIOTI Energy
- Francesco Bellesini, EV use case lead – IoT NGIN Energy Living Lab, Emotion
- Dimitrios Skias, Responsible for the integration and laboratory evaluation activities, IoT NGIN
- Michael Metzger, Principal Engineer, Smart Energy Systems, Siemens
- Damian Bevan, Cloud Architecture Lead, Gemserv
- Laurent Schmitt, President Digital4Grids
- Marion Malafosse, Policy Manager, smartEn
Challenges and opportunities, implications, edge-based business models and their scalability, Europe’s position and top actors, etc. were some of the discussed topics. to finally try to answer the question: Is it worth it?
If you missed the event, don’t think twice about watching the recording which is now available on NGIoT’s YouTube channel, because it’s really worth it not only for those acting in the energy sector, but also anyone interested in the current cloud-to-edge transition, which will have a direct impact in all verticals.
Also, the outcome paper is coming soon, and we will obviously share with all of you!